Thursday 8 July 2010

My fashion inspirations

I've seen quite a few people post these recently so I thought I would jump the bandwagon.

I love hearing about what inspires people's personal style and see how they incorporate it into their own look, so here are my 4 main fashion inspirations~ I encourage you guys to do something similar because I'd love to read about it~

1) the obvious, Gyaru!


I discovered Gyaru in late 2006 after uncovering an old anime magazine I had that had an article about Ganguro. Intrigued, I looked it up, fell in love with its detail and intricacy. and since then I've been obsessed with it. My favorite part of Gyaru is the makeup and how it uses optical illusion to enhance the features. Eyeshape altering , instant cheek bones and a thinner nose; it sounds like magic, but it's not!

My favorite models are Tsubasa for her cutesy Shibuya-Harajuku inspired style, Chinatsu for her zaniness, Wei-son for her relaxed European-influenced style, Nonoka for her cute goth influence and Romihi her edginess and the attitude that made me fall in love with gyaru.

2) Audrey Kitching
I'm not a big fan of her old scene days but I am so in love with her new style~  I love Audrey mainly because she puts maximum effort into her look, and it shows. Big styled hair, full face of makeup, thought-out clothing. She wears what she likes regardless of season or trends. Her outfits are super layered with a lot of accessories, yet it looks sexy without showing excess skin. Audrey did lingerie-as-outer-wear way before the catwalks picked up on it. And come on, gotta love a girl with pink hair.

3) Takeru from SuG
I. LOVE. THIS. KID. Well not kid... but his outfits are so childlike and cute, they never fail to make me 'aaaaaaw'. A lot of people question his clothing because it's not typical visual-kei style but who cares?
Takeru's outfits are a strange mix of sporty silhouettes, geometric patterns, vintage, girls clothes, leggings, trainers and bright colours and of course, trademark blond hair~


A mini Takeru always sits in the back of my head reminding me not to take fashion so seriously and enjoy it~

4) Look Book.nu

Gotta love Look-book's cheesy photo titles and dramatic photos but in all seriousness, this is a great source of style inspiration. While most outfits aren't anything particularly special, it's easy to search for people who wear the kinds of outfits you like and even shows you where they got the outfits from. It's super addictive! I've stumbled on so many random people's Lkbks, like Tavuchi from Spank!

So who are your fashion inspirations??

8 comments:

  1. I love Takeru (and SuG for that matter)! Ever since I've became a fan, I've really admired his fashion styling. To add, the fact that it's not typical VK is WHY I like it. Have you seen typical VK lately!? Everyone Looks The Same. Thank goodness he is doing his own thing!

    This was awesome to see - especially in collage form! ^o^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Takeru too!!!
    I like SuG's music, it's kinda new for VK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh a very interesting post, it's very inspiring to me too. I want to become the kind of person who has such a strong personal fashion like those on your list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post, the inspiration collages are so cute and colourful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. go gyaru!! and i love audrey! follow back :3 http://sharonaworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. what great inspirations! I've just recently heard about audery but I love her style!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this post, the inspiration collages are so cute and colourful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Takeru (and SuG for that matter)! Ever since I've became a fan, I've really admired his fashion styling. To add, the fact that it's not typical VK is WHY I like it. Have you seen typical VK lately!? Everyone Looks The Same. Thank goodness he is doing his own thing!

    This was awesome to see - especially in collage form! ^o^

    ReplyDelete